- Abide by the Bylaws, Policies, Procedures, and pay all debts to the HBA of Berks County.
- Comply with all applicable registration and licensing laws.
- Comply with all applicable warranty laws and building codes.
- Conduct all transactions, agreements, and dealings with customers, employees, trade contractors, suppliers, and regulatory officials free from fraud or deception.
- Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including but not limited to, general liability and workers compensation insurance, at a level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the member is engaged.
- Meet or exceed the latest edition of the Residential Construction Performance Guidelines for Professional Builders and Remodelers published by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Not perform, or cause to be performed, any act which would bring into disrepute any part of the industry served by this or affiliated associations.
- Not knowingly enter into any contract, the terms of which are designed to imperil the right to either labor or the suppliers of materials.
- Not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact.
- Agree to cooperate with the HBA in the review of an alleged violation of this Code, and to comply with and abide by any determinations made by the HBA as a result of that review.
The HBA will not intervene, or take any position, in any action once litigation, mediation, or arbitration has commenced, or any complaint has been filed with any government organization.