The HBA of Berks County is committed to providing the right solutions for your businesses — solutions that bring you economy of scale, and help you show your employees that you value what matters to them.
That’s why we’re thrilled to announce our partnership with Lincoln Financial Group to deliver the new HBA of Berks County 401(k) program.
Here’s what you’ll experience with the new HBA 401(k) program:
- Access to potential pricing and service efficiencies — economies of scale
- Less administrative work, as you hand off many of the responsibilities that come with running a 401(k), including filing Form 5500 and employee loans
- Relief from many fiduciary obligations, while maintaining your current plan design — or changing to a plan design that works for you
Because partnering with Lincoln delivers benefits that go beyond the retirement plan itself.
- Personalized service — Members who join the plan receive ongoing, dedicated attention, and Lincoln will work closely with HBA to recruit new businesses into the plan.
- Demonstrated value — Surveyed Lincoln plan sponsors rated their overall satisfaction at 90% in 2019,* and their award-winning websites help make your experience even easier.
- Deep experience — Lincoln has been in business since 1905, is a recognized leader in the retirement plan space and has group 401(k) program experience dating back to 1995.
*Lincoln Financial Group, “Annual Plan Sponsor Satisfaction Research,” 2019.
Are you in?
- Already have a retirement plan? Now’s a perfect opportunity to reach out to Matt Williams of Impact Advisors Group, who will review and benchmark your plan and assess whether it’s meeting your goals — or if transitioning to the HBA 401(k) program could better meet your needs.
- Considering a retirement plan? A 401(k) program can be a powerful tool for keeping the quality people you have on board and bringing new talent into the fold. Joining the HBA 401(k) program could be the most cost-efficient solution.
Schedule time with Matt Williams to talk through next steps. And check out this video to learn more about the value of group 401(k) programs
Workers Comp Insurance
The PBA Workers’ Compensation Program is an alternative market program established by the Pennsylvania Builders Association in 1999 to help members leverage their group buying power to save on workers’ compensation costs. The program is only available to association members and since inception has grown to nearly 600 accounts with almost $9 million in premium volume.
PBA Workers’ Compensation Program participants don’t:
- Experience large surprise audits
- Pay the same high work comp premium when business is slow
- Burden operating cash flow with a large down payment of premium
PBA helps businesses compete with the parallel pay® program offered, allowing members to pay insurance premiums as they go, automatically through payroll service or manually as they pay employees.
Contact Ryan Dixon, PBA Coordinator for more information on this cost saving program:
Program Administrator: Local Contact:
E.K. McConkey & Co., Inc. Harding-Yost Insurance
717-505-3179 Tyler Eberly
Pennsylvania Builders Insurance Program
We are proud to offer you access to the My Benefit Advisor (MBA) program as your solution for employee benefits.
Our MBA program guides employers through the complexity of planning, communicating, and managing employee benefits. We can also help members shop for individual and family health insurance as well as assist in applying for a government subsidy.
WANT TO START GETTING MONEY BACK FOR PRODUCTS YOU ALREADY USE?
Easy to Participate!
As you prepare to excavate, state law requires that you contact 8-1-1 or paonecall.org.
PBA Members have their annual $125 fee covered through their membership.
HBA of Berks Members can send their invoice to email@example.com
Join the HBA of Berks County for one year. If you do not see the many benefits of being an HBA Member, we’ll refund your local dues!*
That’s right! We are so certain that you will value your Membership that we guarantee it! All we ask is that you attend the following during your first year of Membership:
- Two Quarterly Networking Events (Contact HBA for 2021 Schedule)
- Two major events of your choice (Installation Banquet, Golf Outing, Lobsterfest, and / or Membership Meeting & Elections)
- One educational program and / or seminar
If you attend the above and want a refund of your local dues after one year, just call and request it. No questions asked.
C’mon! Give us a try!
Find out why more than 350+ other area businesses have joined the Home Builders Association of Berks County.
*Refund offer applies to the local dues only. A portion of your dues is paid to the Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Business Prospects
Would you like your company to grow and / or become more profitable? By becoming involved in the HBA, you create more opportunities to meet and share with Members in the building industry and the customers wanting to hire in Berks County and beyond.
- Networking Events
Do you want to know the movers & shakers or be a mover & shaker? For fun and business contacts: Installation Banquet, Spring & Fall Golf Tournament, Lobsterfest, Thirsty Thursday’s and more!!!
- Group Insurance
Will your company grow with better, less expensive insurance? Members have access to our health & workers compensation insurance programs – offering some of the best rates in town. This benefit alone may cover the annual dues payment… and then some!
- General Motors Affinity Program
Would you like $1,000 with no strings attached? GM is proud to be the exclusive automotive partner of the NAHB. Receive a $1,000 rebate on every new fleet vehicle ($500 for retail deliveries) you purchase or lease after you negotiate your best deal. If you have a fleet, imagine how much this one benefit can put back in your pocket.
- At Home in Berks Magazine
Do you want to become the authority? Recognized in 2013 as the Best-in-Nation and in 2012 as the Best-in-State publication, four-color glossy, premium magazine is mailed to & distributed at more than 3,500 locations bi-monthly. Though sent to all Members, its target audience is the home owner and business owner not just the Members. Only Members can submit articles, not professional authors. Write, or have a piece ghost-written for you, to reach new customers.
- Home Builders Show
Do you want to show the masses why your firm is the best? This event continues to grow. The highlights of our year, it is a prime time for Members to talk with customers looking to hire or buy products.
- Discount Advertising
Do you want to shout from the highest mountaintop? Promote your business at bargain rates in At Home in Berks magazine, on this website’s Online Buyers Guide, & in the printed Membership Directory. Plus, you can stand out to other Members by taking advantage of Sponsorship Opportunities
- Free Legal
Do you have any legal questions? For answers to legal questions about the industry, access NAHB’s legal department.
- PA One Call Invoice
Would you like to save $125 every time you dig? Send or fax invoices to the HBA office for verification of Membership and the $125 fee is paid for by your association. Unlimited FREE uses with your Membership.
Do you know it all? Want to? Problems or questions on anything, just call our staff…. we work for you!
Our Builders Association federation (NAHB, PBA, HBA) celebrates Members who show their love & loyalty by recruiting and helping to retain other Members.
Each new Membership and retention action is rewarded with “Spike” credits – a point system designed to acknowledge our most loyal Members. Once a Member has earned 6.00 credits, they enter into the prestigious Spike Club
A Life Spike Member is any Member with 25.00 or more Spike credits.
LIFE SPIKE MEMBERS:
(25.00 or more Spike credits)
- Walter Greth
- Kert Sloan
- Larry Kehres
- Lavern Horning
- Beth Hahn
- Don Moll
- Dave Gallen
SPIKE CLUB MEMBERS:
(6.00 to 24.99 Spike credits)
- Scott Moyer
- Edward F. Anewalt
- Lou Fromm
- Rich Dodson
- Cathy Sloan
- Tony Gentile
- Patrick Dolan
- Allen Henn
- Gregg Bogia